Some bonds can be set extremely high at bond hearing.
Florida Law allows request for a bond reduction. A judge may lower you bond and re-evaluate and provide more favorable conditions to your release.
In order to get the bail reduced, a defense attorney should do the following:
- Demonstrate the potential crime is not one that the defendant would do again.
- Demonstrate the defendant is not a danger to the community.
- Demonstrate the defendant presents no likelihood to flee.
- Character references
- Community support
- Stable employment history
- Memberships in religious or civic organizations
- Surrendering the defendant’s passport
- Agree to electronic monitoring