How to get a Bail Reduction
Some bonds can be set extremely high at bond hearing.
Read: The Bail Reform Act of 1984
Florida Law allows request for a bond reduction. A judge may lower you bond and re-evaluate and provide more favorable conditions to your release.
In order to get the bail reduced, a defense attorney should do the following:
- Demonstrate the potential crime is not one that the defendant would do again.
- Demonstrate the defendant is not a danger to the community.
- Demonstrate the defendant presents no likelihood to flee.
- Character references
- Community support
- Stable employment history
- Memberships in religious or civic organizations
- Surrendering the defendant’s passport
- Agree to electronic monitoring
Pro se defendants can file their own motion for bond reduction. Standard forms may be available at the Clerk of Courts of the county.Copyright secured by Digiprove © 2018 Florida Bail411